UTS College has a number of learning support programs available to students. Throughout the semester, our Peer Support initiatives provide classroom assistance in various academic subjects. Peer Mentoring is also available to new students requiring additional support in their studies. While UTS College does have a HELPS Centre on campus at present, students have access to the HELPS resources on Canvas: https://canvas.utscollege.edu.au/courses/2121
The resources are aimed at encouraging students to work independently on extra English and Academic skills development. The HELPS team also offer a drop-in online service for learning support via HELPS, as well as access to 24-hour / 7 day a week study help and a ‘writing feedback’ service, through Studiosity.
Some of the resources available to students are:
- Weekly English support resources linked to your coursework.
- Academic skills resources including APA Referencing, essay writing, presentation/speaking online tutorials, which feature audio and text so you can practice listening and reading while learning.
- Practice quizzes for English grammar, academic skills, reading, listening and much more.
- Extra reading and listening activities related to your chosen discipline for study at UTS.
Depending on your course or subject, the HELPS team may also deliver assessment specific workshops to assist you in your planning and/or writing. The HELPS team may also visit your class to assist you.
Study skills sessions are also held regularly throughout the semester to help with time management and assignment preparation.
Visit or make an appointment to see a Study Success Adviser for:
- personal issues impacting your studies
- study plan
- your academic pathway
- your attendance
- transfer to UTS.