What is a transport concession card?

UTS College Domestic students are eligible to apply for a Transport Concession card at NSW Transport. This will give you cheaper fares when you travel on public transport when getting to UTS College. When using an OPAL Concession card, students are required to always carry their UTS College student cards.

What types of transport does it cover?

All OPAL cards cover the following public transport:

  • Sydney Trains
  • Intercity Trains
  • NSW Trainlink
  • Busses
  • Ferries
  • Light Rail.

For details go to www.opal.com.au.

Who is eligible?

Only domestic students are eligible for Concession OPAL cards. International students are generally not eligible for Concession OPAL cards. If you want to travel on public transport, and you are not eligible for travel concessions,  you must apply for an Adult OPAL card.

How to apply for it

During Welcome Week, domestic students can log into eStudent and click on the OPAL consent form. This will allow UTS College to provide your details to Transport for NSW. Once UTS College has received your consent we will send you an email to your student email account to confirm your eligibility for transport concessions.

You need to wait for our email before you can apply for a concession OPAL card at www.opal.com.au/ordercard or by calling 13 67 25 (13 OPAL) 24 hours, 7 days a week. Your Concession OPAL card will be mailed to you within 5-7 working days. You can then follow the enclosed instructions to activate your card.

Domestic students may also apply by contacting the UTS College Student Centre at studentcentre@utscollege.edu.au for an OPAL concession card.

International students must apply for an Adult OPAL card which offers a range of travel benefits including daily and weekly travel caps and a $2.50 daily cap on Sundays. For further information please visit www.transportnsw.info or www.opal.com.au.

Who to contact if you need help

For further assistance please contact the Student Centre at studentcentre@utscollege.edu.au.