Why do you need a Student ID card?

When you arrive at UTS College, you will be given a Student ID card. You are always required to carry this card. You may need it for access to UTS College and UTS facilities and events.

Your card will need a photo of you on it. Please read the Policy on Identity and Full Face Coverings for NSW Public Sector Agencies.

Please remember to sign your student ID card and do not let others borrow your card. If you have any questions regarding your student card, please raise this during Welcome Week. If you already have a student card, you can continue to use this card until you complete your program.

Your student card allows you to access to buildings across campus and facilities and support services.

You might be asked to produce your student ID card:

  • By your teachers
  • Security or administration staff
  • When borrowing from the UTS Library and printing
  • When entering exams.

This card will give you access to:

  • the UTS Counselling Service
  • other UTS services or facilities
  • UTS College HELPS Centre.

How to get an ID card

Upload your photo using CaptureMe. See the guidelines for uploading your photo.

You'll receive an auto-generated email advising if your picture has been 'approved' or ‘rejected’ (refer to the guidelines and upload another picture if rejected).

After your picture has been approved, the Student Centre will notify you when your ID card is ready for collection. The Student Centre is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm and is located on Level 1, Block C, UTS Building 5. 

NOTE: all new students are issued an eight digit SID number (previous cards were issued with seven digits SIDs). 

How to get a replacement and the cost

If you lose student ID card, please contact the UTS College Student Centre at studentcentre@utscollege.edu.au, where a replacement card can be arranged for a cost of A$20.

Who to contact if you need help

For any further assistance please contact the Student Centre at studentcentre@utscollege.edu.au.

Transport concessions available to Australian residents

Domestic students are eligible for transport concessions with the Concession OPAL card.