Once your have your CoE and your OSHC has been arranged, you're now ready to submit your student visa application. Your education representative will assist you with the visa application, but if you would like more information visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Things to keep in mind
Here is some general advice from the Department of Home Affairs to keep in mind when submitting your visa application:
- Submit your visa application no later than six (6) weeks before class commencement to avoid late commencement, and no earlier than three (3) months before you are due to commence.
- Check the Department of Home Affairs document checklist to see what evidence you’re required to provide with your application. Most students will require:
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Evidence of funds
- Health examinations
- All documents should be colour scanned and saved as PDFs, and certified translations should be provided if your document is not in English.
- Failing to provide evidence with your application can result in requests for further information, which will add an additional 28 days to visa processing.