A Special Consideration application must be supported by documentary evidence at the time of submission and may include:
- Original supporting documentation.
- A Medical Certificate.
- A Completed Professional Authority Form.
- Appropriate documentary evidence for non-medical circumstances.
The professional authority form must be completed and signed by a:
- Registered medical practitioner.
- Registered psychologist or other registered counsellor.
- Minister of religion (only if religious commitments have impacted on ability to do assessments).
- or employer (if you are in active services only).
Documentation such as a medical report, death notice or certificate, police report or statutory declaration may be attached to this form. The severity and period of illness must be clearly stated in the professional authority section. Documentation in language other than English must be accompanied by an English version that is translated by a certified NAATI translator. Backdated medical certificates, receipts for medical fees or medical certificates from non-registered practitioners will not be accepted.
The Study Success Adviser will keep your documentation in a confidential file.